Sunday, September 28, 2008

OCD

Ever since I was a child, I have been obsessed with patterns. One of my chores as a child was to nightly set the table. Every night I picked out which colored cups I wanted and would arrange them in a "pattern"--sometimes a pattern only I could see--(this being made evident when someone else would want to change cups and I would strongly oppose or rearrange the cups to a different pattern so he could have the color he wanted. )
Recently my roomate has been noticing my "OCD" tendancies, --Silently rearranging the drying hangers to be color cordinated or eating pieces of candy in order of the pattern I've created. These are all things I don't have to do, but will admitt that there is a slight inner peace when they are done. When things around me are out of my control and or crazy (as ministry can be sometimes) there is a certain joy I get in my room being color ordered. Strange I know.
This weekend I officially moved into my own room (same house as Sara still-- long story, but my room is finally open) and it has been so exciting to start arranging my room based on the color themes I want. 3 colors= Royal darkish blue is the base. followed by light bright green and brown for accents. I'll post some after pictures soon, but for now it feels nice to have a some color order in my life. It feels nice to make my room feel like mine. I pray it will be a room of refreshment and deep intimacy with Jesus who is my real inner peace.

1 comment:

johnsonpack said...

I think everyone is OCD in some way or another. I know I am, and even your nephew Andrew is already showing his OCD ways and he's only 2! He's a great cleaner upper because he has a compulsion to put everything back where it belongs and it bugs him when it's out of place. Glad you have your own space and we pray it will be a sweet "home away from home." Love you lots!