Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ghettoness

In Pomona I thought I had reached a level of Ghettoness when my roomates and I put up cardboard boxes in our window to keep the house cooler. Don't knock it till you try it. It really helped us survive the extreme heat.

In Thailand I realize that I actually have become even more crafty. My sister in law has been adding accent walls to my nieces and nephews room. I, like my sister in law, have a value for nicely decorated walls and homey feeling rooms. That is why I added my own accent wall--with thin sheets of poster board and foam tape. A whole new level.

Before:
Posterboard accent wall
Diecut flowers boarder and a string with clips for the childrens art work.

Ahh to be resourceful.

2 comments:

chik said...

Resourceful AND stylish. Nice job.

johnsonpack said...

Great Job Christy! Very creative. I love the way you added clips to hang up art work from the kids.