Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happpy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!!!

First lets start with a report For those of you read my last blog entry: 2 down and 5 solid nights of sleep. Oh the joys of glue. Though for the record I did go on a major cleaning spree after the dead rats and 1 sighting of a huge spider with an even larger eggsack attached to it's body. ( I believe I scared it out of the house though, so it's gone (sorry kids I couldn't get a picture).


After this whole week of the creepy crawly (did I mention the massive mosquito bites/ ant bites on my feet-- I took a picture, but.... let's just say it gives a new image to "beautiful are the feet who serve the Lord.") I have been prompted to write many of the things I'm grateful for, because God is truely good in the midst of the creep crawly.


Grateful list

1) Mosquitos nets to sleep under at night

2) A dry wick cocoon sheet to sleep with (thanks Chrissie)

3)Noise blocking earphones so I can study my Thai Language on the bus each day w/o going

deaf (thanks brian and Jenn) .

4) My MP3 player that has a recording feature so that I can record my language lesson and

review the tones each day.

5) My teammates who have been welcoming and helpful--they also do a great job at keeping me

laughing.

6) The Thai's who work in our office and My Thai Language teacher-They are so patient, joyful,

encouraging and helpful as I learn Thai.

7) The Cinnamon Pia and Pappa sent me. (My teamates appreciate that as well)

8) The kids in my neighbor hood who love to entertain me and love me despite my limited

language

9) Pi Yut--one neighbor in practicular who has been so welcoming, she often comes to help me

practice my language

10) Each time I say something new in Thai and it comes out correctly. ( Yes, I did a little dance

when I got back home after ordering mangos by myself and bargined them down in price a little bit. )

11) The book of Joshua--it's been very helpful during my time here.

12) And Valentines day..... Because it reminds me of the simple joy of loving others. I love how Thai's can be so cute and thoughtful and genuinely cheesy all at the same time. ( see picture below)


13) Really there is so much to be grateful for that I can't list it all here.
Happy give each other cheesy tokens of love day--that really do make people smile.

3 comments:

Chrissie en Ciudad México said...

happy valentines day flower! i'll be praying for your feetsies and i'm glad your cacoon is coming in handy.

chik said...

Reminds me of that old song, "count your blessings, name them one by one." Happy v day!

Lexie said...

HEY!! i know it's not MY rainbow you're callin cheesy.
Also, honey, it kinda sounds like you're sniffing glue to get to sleep. Not a bad option?