Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year



Today is official Chinese New year. 2008--The year of the Rat. What did I do today? Other than language lessons and my normal routine, I bought a rat trap and recieved my first dirty look in Thailand. I know I should feel bad about that, but last night (as well as many other nights) My roomate and I have been woken up by rats running inches from our head at night. Yes! Inches. Stealing papers from my purse only to run to Sara's side in attempts of building a nest. Chinese new year or not, I'm standing by my moral view: DEATH TO RATS. Thankfully I'm a Christian so I don't have to fear the rats ghost coming back and haunting me. Meaning; tonight I get to sleep soundly knowing that a rat is going to leave my house. (On my behalf I at least bought the trap away from my community).

So here's the Year of the rat!!!!!

5 comments:

David said...

I hate them. Very ironic that you are celebrating the year of the rat by killing one. I hope he and all his friends leave you alone.

laurenbrown said...

Death to rats? Don't you think that's a little harsh, Flower? :) Just kidding. I hope this year - the year of the rat - is marked by lots of rat death for you. Lots of love and prayers to you in Thailand.

Chrissie en Ciudad México said...

oh my gosh flower...i'm so sorry to hear about the rat issue! good thing you had project rid the mice/hamster to prepare you. love and miss you more than you could know!!

Unknown said...

Eww! Sorry. Can't do rodents of any size, especially inches from my head - yikes!
Good for you for getting a trap, and kudos for having the insight not to get it in your neighborhood! Interesting that they sell traps if they are anti-killing!
We love you lots and pray for you!
Alta, for Paul, Ellen & Ethan

chik said...

I ate pork during the year of the pig, so you have my blessings to kill your unwanted visitors. (Whether you eat them is entirely up to you.)