Monday, July 14, 2008

Hospitality of Thailand

So as mentioned before Thai people are very generous and hospitible. They love exchanging gifts and have an impecable memory for how much things cost. If you give them something they will give you something back of equal value (sometimes to the 1 baht ). This has always been a fun thing about being here and getting to know my neighbors. They love to share.

Since being in Thailand i've recieved many different kinds of fruits, fried chicken, various curryies, a wrap around skirt with elephants on it, an eraser, a go green in Thailand bag, hair conditionier, Thai desserts ect. You get the point we exhange a lot, many of this is from my language partner who is still trying to find ways to "pay" me for teaching her english. Sara and I have picked up some ques and have learned how to exhange gifts with her as well. Some of it is from other neighbors who see me passing by. So far I've enjoyed just about everything, but last night I got the best gift yet. A bowling shirt. My neighbor bought it and then decided it was a little to big for her, so she wanted me to have it. It was very thoughtful of her....
I'm not so sure I want to wear this huge bowling shirt around, I mean it does say hot hot vegas, Bang Bang bowling, so maybe i just sport it once or twice in the privacy of my house when she comes over --- just to be polite.
How do I ever give an exchange gift for this one????? Not quite sure, I'll fiqure it out.

1 comment:

chik said...

That shirt is mad HOTT! Wear it everywhere. Never take it off.