Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Marriage

Marriage, it's been on my mind recently.
Maybe because many of my friends in the states are getting married soon or got married within this last year and 1/2.
Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by marriages in Thailand--some falling apart, some speaking highly of encouragment and partnership.
Maybe it's because one of the most common greetings I hear in thailand is "Are you married already or not yet?"
Maybe it's because I'm scared of being lonely.
Maybe it's because the Bible often talks about our relationship with God using marriage terms.
Maybe it's because I'm 25
Regardless of why marriage has been on my mind, I'm learning it's dangerous telling your Thai teacher your thinking about marriage and kids. She just might actually set me up on a blind date with a Christian friend of hers. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

2 comments:

David said...

age age of marriage in the US is 27. True story.

Regarding the date I say go for it! What is there to loose?

chik said...

Maybe you and Lexie can go on a double-date... with the same friend of your language tutor. It'd be dating, survivor-style, and the guy can snuff out one of your torches at the end of the night.