Monday, July 27, 2009

Answered Prayer

On October 18 2008 I wrote this prayer in my Journal---This month God has responded in a bigger way than I could have ever imagined. Both parents have become christians and this little girl will have a hopeful future as God is radically changing this family. ( This is Niew...)



I wrote, " Today I held a 2 month old in the community for a long time while I overheard her Mom talk about wanting to drink alchohol--Her mother is addicted to gambling and likes to drink--ALOT. I first met this baby when she was 3 days old, her mother had left her alone to go gambling. 3 days old. The baby is a sweet girl and as I held her I prayed for her--I prayed she would feel secure and that she would know God's love as she grows up--I prayed she would be the one to bring change to the family as she knew Jesus and shared it with them--I prayed she would break the cycle of addition and abuse in her family. I looked at this tiny precious child wanting to smile at her, hold her and let her know there is someone who can keep her secure. I looked at her and wanted to cry--she has so much to overcome to suceed in life, so much to overcome ans she's only 2 months old. So much.

Can Jesus change her family? Will Jesus care for this child? Is Jesus big enough to hold this wee little one born in to an addicted family with a mother who yells and hits and drinks and tosses dice? If not for Jesus what hope does this precious, beautiful, girl have. All I could do today was hold her, speak truth in her ear and pray that God can and will do more. All I can do is trust that God hears my prayers for this little girl who was made in the image of God and plopped in a broken and hurting world.

Please Jesus protect her, keep her secure, and let her know She is loved by you.

Use me though I am nothing
Hear me though I am small
Love me though I am imperfect. "

God answered 9 months later-------I am big enough. Bigger than Big enough and have the power to change the whole family in ways you can't even imagine.
Prayer really is powerful
God truely is amazing.

No comments: