Thursday, January 24, 2008

Here in Thailand

Well I arrived. I'm officially in Thailand. After a turbulant plane ride and 21 hours I have come to a foriegn place that I now call home. When I got to the community I'm living in, I was welcomed by 10 running children who quickly took my bags and wheeled them to Sara's front door. I officially felt welcomed. Thankfully I slept really well last night, so hopefully I'll adjust quickly to the time change. It's strange being at home at yet not knowing anything, but Thankfully I've got great teamates who are helping me fiqure it out.
Where do I live? With Sara , A team member whose been in Thailand for a few years now. We live in Photong which is a small Thai slum in Bangkok. There are two bedrooms and 1 community space where Children's church and other community events are often held. Currently Nim, a Thai women, lives in the other bedroom, but she is moving out in a couple of months. Untill she moves out Sara is graciously sharing her bedroom with me.
More to come...

4 comments:

johnsonpack said...

Christy, I finally was able to view your blog page. Yeah! I'll show it to the kids often as they love to hear what you're doing. Do you know how many times I've been asked "How long is 2 years?" by a 5year old princess missing her auntie already. We're all proud of you and eager to see how God uses this trip in your life and in the Thai people you meet. We love you!

ken-bonnie said...

Christy, how neat to be greeted by 10 running children, but fitting. When do the language lessions start? Some people I know are incuding you in their prayers, so you are being upheld by more people than you know. We love you!

David said...

My advice, don't try to adjust quickly to anything. The adjustment time is often the most fun! :) You're awesome. God Bless.

Lexie said...

yay!!!! we're so glad you're here!!!!