Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I have a plane ticket

Last night I offically purchased my one-way plane ticket to Thailand. I'm picking up my visa tommorow and leaving in 13 days. Wow time flies. It seems just a week ago I keep saying, "I have plenty of time." Now I have a count down. I'm excited about going overseas, I have wanted to go since I was eight. It truely is a strange feeling seeing your childhood dreams of adulthood become a reality, but it's also strange to know you are really grown up.
In some ways, I don't ever want to be grown up. I still want to have idealistic dreams and hopes for the future, I want to laugh and believe I can do anything, I want to dance around carefree in empty fields with no one watching. Yes I am an adult, yes I am grown up, but really I'm just a wide eyed child entering a new world.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! Congratulations. Make sure to send us your flight info so we can come meet you at the airport!

David said...

Breaks into song: "You're leaving on a jet plane, don't know when you'll be back again!" Be sure to pick up Muy Thai while you're there. Nothing like knowing a little local self defense. :)